THE OIL & PIPELINE COMPANY
Groundsman (Loch Striven)
The OPA is a Public Corporation formed at the end of 1985 by virtue of
the Oil and Pipelines Act 1985. It is sponsored by Secretary of State for
Defence. The OPA is the Ministry of Defence’s professional expert on
bulk fuels storage and transportation by pipelines and its mission is to
provide for the safe, eﬃcient, economic and eﬀective management of
the MOD’s Oil Fuel Depots (OFDs).
We are seeking applications for the position of Maintenance
Groundsman (or woman) at our location in Loch Striven; near Dunoon
PA23 7UL on a 6 month ﬁxed term contract.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the post holder will be
responsible for ensuring the grounds are maintained to a suitable
standard in keeping with a top tier COMAH site, with a strong focus on
ensuring no harm to people or the environment.
The job will require the post holder to be qualiﬁed, or qualiﬁed by
experience, in horticulture or grounds maintenance, and have the
ability to work collaboratively with other team members and others
with whom they may have dealings in a professional manner
The primary responsibilities include:
• Routine grounds maintenance of the Depot; including, but not
limited to, internal and external tank bunds and roadsides, to ensure
vegetative growth, including grass, is kept under control.
• Weeding, including the application of appropriate weed killer
(ensuring protection of the environment and wildlife).
• Clearing of Depot drainage systems, building gutters and down pipes.
This may include minor repairs within the competency of the post
• Reinstate the work area after completing tasks.
• Keeping line managers informed of progress.
• Report equipment defects.
• Report any observations of damage, ie fencing.
• Carry out any reasonable task as requested by Depot Management.
• Operation of all relevant Grounds Maintenance Equipment, including
(but not limited to);
• Strimmer ’s
• Grass Cutters/Mowers
In addition to having a qualiﬁcation in horticulture or grounds
maintenance, or qualiﬁed by 5 years relevant experience, candidates
will have a full driving licence.
The salary is £18,345 p.a. (Pay Review Pending), plus paid overtime,
30 days’ holiday plus bank/public holidays (full year entitlement), life
assurance and DC pension scheme.
To apply: Please send your cv and covering letter to humanresources@
oilandpipelines.com, or post to Human Resources Department, Oil
and Pipelines Agency, Aviation House, 1st Floor, Zone A, 125 Kingsway,
London WC2B 6NH
3 x Energy Advisors
Based in Fyne Homes oﬃces in
Campbeltown, Lochgilphead & Dunoon
Fixed term 40 weeks - 16 hrs per week
Fyne Homes are seeking highly motivated individuals to be
part of our FyneHEAT project.
Funded by the Climate Challenge Fund, Fyne Homes will
provide tenants with information and assistance to reduce
their energy use through energy eﬃciency advice, supplier
switching and encouraging behaviour change.
Essential Skills Required:
• Good general education, prepared to undertake training
• Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
• Experience of working within a team, as well as using own
• Experience of working with people with a wide range of
• Awareness of energy and fuel poverty issues
• Delivering front line customer focused service to the general
• Self- motivated, able to work unsupervised and to prioritise work
• Ability to communicate eﬀectively and politely
• Discreet and tactful with an appreciation and commitment to
For more information contact:
Karen Hilton on 0345 607 7117
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Monday 15th May 2017
LOCH FYNE OYSTERS
Based at the head of Loch Fyne on the West Coast of
Scotland, we have been producing and supplying premium
quality produce worldwide, for over 35 years.
Our internationally known products are processed from the freshest
and the highest quality fish and seafood, using sustainable methods
STARTING RATE £7.50 PER HOUR
(Increases to £7.80 per hour upon successful completion of
We require additional staff to join our Production Team
to work in a variety of different areas; assisting with the
preparation, slicing and packing of smoked salmon for the
retail trade. The ideal candidates will be committed, reliable
and able to work well as part of a team. Previous experience in
food handling is not essential, as training will be provided.
Current Counterbalance Forklift Truck Licence would be
We have a range of positions available in our:
Filleting/Smokehouse, Slicing Room, Despatch and Yard
Full time hours, based on a 40 hour week.
Public transport is available from/to Dunoon.
Beneﬁts include; 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata), plus
Please contact us for an Application Form or send your
current CV to: HR Department, Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd,
Clachan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BL
Tel: 01499 600462, Fax: 01499 600396 or E-mail:
For further details, please visit our website at:
ADVERTISING 01369 706082